Wildstar

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by Limpy, May 19, 2014.

1. Limpy

Limpy Dragon Fluffer Staff Member Subscriber

Ok gang, I know I said I wouldn't be playing Wildstar, but after the open beta I have enough intrigue to have purchased the game and will give it a fair shake in release.

I have zero intention of ending my play time in ArcheAge. So that will not be happening at all.

Now the big decision. Where shall we set up OLimpyan shop in Wildstar for those of you who plan to play.

I am opening this discussion so we can all decide on a server and make sure we are able to play together.

What server would you like to see the OLimpyans guild of Wildstar on?
  2. Limpy

Second question...

Dominion or Exile?
  3. teknoshaman

teknoshaman Lemming

Well we could play on PvE server, we do both Dominion or Exile characters. Couldn't we do guilds for both factions? Something unique and different?
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Limpy likes this.
  4. Limpy

Interesting Idea Tekno
  5. Saynay

Saynay Lemming

whats the difference? if its pvp or pve then i prefer pvp :p
  6. teknoshaman

teknoshaman Lemming

You can only play one faction in PvP.
  7. teknoshaman

teknoshaman Lemming

Also we need to get people's name to add to friends lists.
  8. Haaxxx

Haaxxx Panda

Don't do it, the game is such a bore and became a twitch fade.

If all else fails, don't play it for your enjoyment, cuz you won't have any.

I tested it during beta and it's fail.

Also, screw user interaction. You will ditch the game after 1-2 weeks tops.

I don't care about other people's salty tears, the game sucks.
    I'd rather play Adventures of Van Helsing 2 instead.

/flex
  9. Math_78

Math_78 Panda

I just follow the gang :p you choose.

I Pref PvE.
  10. EmoXXXKid

EmoXXXKid Lemming

Just to put it out there. I played both sides and found more bugs in Exile. I mean I hope they work them out for launch, but something to consider.

This was all just strictly questing up to about level 16.
  11. Pbarb

Pbarb Lemming

I think we should go dominion. I played exile and it was just to blah!

Exile was also really buggy...
  12. Limpy

So I am leaning heavily towards dominion, but would love to have more of you weigh in on the server type we choose.

PvP or PvE

How bad do we think the ganking will be on a PvP server? Are you ok with that?

I know when we started the WoW guild on a PvP server several of you were a bit blah about it since you would be trying to quest and you would get ganked.

Let me know what you think here...
  13. Xarnathium

Xarnathium Thug Cat

Don't care about sides, but I would only play PvE. PvP usually ticks me off and forced PvP and ganking makes me want to kill people in real life.
    Limpy likes this.
  14. Flit

Flit Lemming

I'll give the US servers a go .

Either Dominion or Exile is fine by me , I didn't play much beta so it's all new :)

Would personally prefer a PvE server but I will probably play a fair bit of structured PvP once I know a bit more about the game.

Open world PvP is just usually a mass gankfest and just gets tedious after the group of leetzor 11 y/o FotM have camped you for the last 45 minutes.
    Limpy likes this.
  15. Tinywulf

Tinywulf Lemming

I will play whatever as long as it's fun, as a full time tank I do not enjoy PvP much.
    Limpy likes this.
  16. Limpy

Awesome, looks like we have a couple tanks in the guild now. Welcome to the madhouse my friend
  17. Pbarb

Pbarb Lemming

I'm excited for this! I'm assuming you all preordered. we get the three day headstart...We will need to post what server we pick

Also are we planning on using teamspeak or skype or some sort of voice chat device?
  18. Limpy

Yup, preorder is in place here and I will be posting a server name for the #OLimpyans guild as soon as I can.

Today I reserved my name and he guild name for use.

We will also have teamspeak set up for us all to chat and hang out while we level and also to be used for raids dungeon runs and PvPPvP
  19. Flit

Flit Lemming

Just a heads up ,

After a few days of patches my fps seems to have improved alot . So any of you that were keeping the game at arms length due to performance problems give it another shot !

Main page posts seem pretty keen on keeping on top of this kind of stuff .

Go here to keep up to date ..

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

Regards .

Flit .
    Limpy likes this.
  20. Limpy

Just read that the launch server list will be available 24-72 hours prior to early access opening.

Will pick the server at that time