Spam posts

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by tclark1981, Jul 28, 2013.

1. tclark1981

tclark1981 Lemming

If it is at all possible, I would strongly recommend giving at the very least the chat mods the  ability to delete accounts from the forums.  I removed 5 spam posts in the space of 15 minutes and Spel, removed some as well.  By extending the ability to delete accounts to a few others we could avoid flooding your twitch messages  with the names of forum spammers because we could simply handle the issue ourselves.
  2. Spelwerx

Spelwerx Lemming

I agree with what Clark says if it is possible that would be great. Even thou we delete the post sometimes same spammer name comes back and posts again, it would also make things a lot easier on you to Limpy. Thank you for taking the time to read the posts
  3. Limpy

Limpy Dragon Fluffer Staff Member Subscriber

Deleting accounts is not the best use of the Admin. Banning the accounts and then also banning the IP as well as a few other little tricks helps not only remove that person from posting but also from re-registering and then doing this again in the future.

For me to allow you guys to be able to do that requires giving you guys full admin access to the system, something I am not comfortable doing as any compromise in your account could lead to a wide range of issues.

I appreciate what you guys are doing, and please keep notifying me of accounts that spam and I will ban the accounts and IPs at my first chance.

Thanks,
    Limpy
  4. tclark1981

tclark1981 Lemming

Well taking that information into account, it all makes sense .  :)
  5. Spelwerx

Spelwerx Lemming

That is understandable Limpy no worries.