My lucky and awesome day story

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Duckforceone, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Duckforceone

Duckforceone Lemming

So this other night, i finally got my twitch stream notifier to work again.

And limpy came online... so i rejoined, and was welcomed back...
    Then there was a giveaway, of the game "Fairy freesia" or something... and i won that...

Quite unexpected, but nice.... though i wasn't going to play it... so i asked around if anyone wanted to trade it for something else... and a nice viewer wanted it for bioshock 1... having never tried that game, i made the trade happily...

Then it occured to me, perhaps i could trade that, for something i really wanted currently. And seeing as i'm on wellfare, i can only buy a few games a year...

So i asked around on the forums, including the one for Shadowrun returns, on steam. If anyone had it, and would perhaps trade for bioshock 1. Sure it was a longshot, but it couldn't hurt.

Then someone contacted me, saying he didn't have the game, but would really like bioshock 1... and he had the alan wake franchise pack to trade me for it...  seeing as i didn't care that much for either game, but have only heard good about them both, i agreed to the trade if it made him happy...

So i had now traded a 7 euro game, for a 20 euro game, and then for a 35 euro game pack.

I ammended my post, saying i had a new game to trade, and someone told me to contact him...

I pm'd him, and he just gave me shadowrun returns for free... seems he had an extra code, and wanted to give it away on his b-day which he didn't quite make. He didn't want anything i wanted to trade him in return... only saying, enjoy... :D

What an awesome guy... i had tears in my eyes from his kindness... :D

And i'm spreading this story far and wide to let people know what good deeds do...

so i got the game i wanted, and i still have alan wake franchise to trade away... :D what an awesome day...
  2. Limpy

Limpy Dragon Fluffer Staff Member Subscriber

Dude this is so awesome! So happy that I could be part of this story...

You should check this out some time... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

This is the story of a guy who started with One Red Paper Clip and bartered and traded, never exchanging any cash bought a house. It is quite amazing.
  3. EvilSins

EvilSins Panda

That is such an awesome story. I'm glad you got what you wanted and then some in the end :)