How many years have you been playing MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by Makeithappen, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Makeithappen

Makeithappen Whelp

Started 8 years ago when I was 14, and when I first came across Conquer Online, it was fun and great. No trashtalking, no spams, mining Dragon Balls, grinding hard to level, etc. But I haven't played it since 2011, and instead I started to play theDiabloseries, and later Path of Exile. I notice that IGN posted news about Conquer Online's big expansion, adding a new character Lee-Long to the game this year. It kind of piqued my curiosity as to what kind of this class would be like.

In terms of MMOPRGs, there are several changes that I notice through my playing life.

1. More and more people tend to use their fragmented time to play games, meaning lesser players spend time on MMOPRGs.

2. Path of Exile and the Diablo series are still hardcore players' cuppa, and Conquer Online, despite on-and-off playing time, is becoming more of a leisure game with PvP features.
  2. Leopoldlee

Leopoldlee Lemming

It has been a long time since played world of warcraft. I was so addicted into it when it came out. after several DLC, this game has changed too many for me. There is no more excitement when I earned a purple equipment, but you know, in 60s, it is so hard to earn equipment like that. That gave us a feeling of achievement. I don't like what it looks like right now. Classics is not going to legends, but fast food.
  3. Leopoldlee

Leopoldlee Lemming

I remembered my Trojan (a class you could use double blade like a Prince of Persia ) in Conquer Online, herculus is the my favorite skill in game, but I have been afk for a long time. I was told a new epic weapon was added to the game. Fantastic.
  4. Kelly

Kelly Lemming

The first MMORPG that I played was WoW--started first playing in 2007 (when you couldn't get mounts until lv 40)... I've played quite a few over the years and I always keep coming back to WoW :) Currently, I'm also playing FFXIV online...I love it too!
  5. gCrusher

gCrusher Lemming

It started with WoW for me, I got in just as Wrath of the Lich King was wrapping up its endgame raids. Played it for a little over a year, got disappointed that my raid group disbanded just as I maxed out my Disc Healer's level, decided a monthly subscription wasn't worth it anymore.

Later, tried out ArcheAge as it had a lot of promise. Played it for a month, realizing I'd have to sink serious monies into it to get the full enjoyment out of it. Later, discovered people were cheating the game. Glad I didn't invest more time into it than that.

Most recently, been playing Guild Wars 2 on a regular basis. Bought it during a sale that first promoted the expansion, played it for months and leveled a Mesmer to max with a Guardian close on its heels. Took a break about a week before it was announced F2P... little concerned about going back in, but it's such a wonderful game.

I also play Path of Exile and Triad Wars from time to time as a casual experience.